7 Amazon SEO Tips to Boost the Visibility of Your Listings & Increase Sales
Last Updated on July 8, 2022 by
Amazon SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a common term for you if you are an Amazon seller. Through Amazon SEO you can rank your products higher in the search results pages and increase visibility. This can also increase overall sales and revenue. In this documentation, we will discuss Amazon SEO Tips to Boost the Visibility of Your Listings & Increase Sales.
With the help of Amazon SEO, you can:
- Drive more traffic to your listings
- Increase your Brand and products visibility
- Boost sales and conversion rates
Buyers can search for items in the Amazon search box situated at the top of the Amazon homepage. They can write any term or phrase to find their desired products. Also, there is a drop-down option for departments in the search box. Shoppers can also search with general keywords to find items. Amazon finds related products for the word or phrase, and the customer can filter the search to narrow down the search results.
There are 5 factors that affect the search results. They are-
- Product titles
- Product descriptions
- Optimized images
- Product features
- Competitive pricing
Using SEO we can improve these factors and get a higher rank on the search results pages. Read the rest of the article to know how to do that.
Tips to Boost the Visibility of Your Listings & Increase Sales
Amazon SEO is a continuous process. It’s not like a one-time task. Amazon is changing and updating its algorithm for better customer and seller experiences. We should update our listings to keep up with Amazon’s 300 million customers. To rank higher in search results and improve the visibility of your listings, you have to make optimization an ongoing part of your business strategy. Now we will discuss how you can optimize content for your Amazon listings in 7 steps with Amazon SEO.
Optimize your listings in 7 steps
- Keywords research
- Product titles
- Product descriptions
- Key features (bullet points)
- Product images
- Backend search keywords
- Product pricing
Step 1. Keyword research
Keywords are words and phrases people write in search engines to find what they’re looking for. For example, if someone is looking for a cap that is black, they can type black cap. While you are looking for keywords for your products, try to think like a buyer, what will you write if you want to find an item like yours on Amazon. To conduct keyword research you can try these below ideas:
- Try a variety of words and phrases in the search box. You can take a look at the drop-down suggestions, and start creating a list of related keywords for similar items.
- You can use competitor results as a starting point. Look into similar searches on Amazon.com to know what’s already in there. After that compare product search terms.
- Explore related item categories and Amazon suggestions for additional ideas.
- There are two types of keywords you should look for, long-tail and short-tail keywords
- Long-tail keywords are very product-specific. They usually have low search volume, and low competition, but may have a higher conversion rate. Cause the customer actually knows what they are looking for.
- Short tail keywords are actually broader searches that have high volume and high competition. But they may have a lower conversion rate Cause customers who search with short-tail keywords are browsing for different options.
- The Amazon search box has an auto-complete feature which is a great way to find long-tail keywords related to your listing.
Also, there are keyword research tools available now for Amazon. You can easily find long and short-tail keywords relevant to your products.
Step 2. Product titles
Product title is the most important part of optimization. The title makes the first impression about your item. You have to catch the customer’s attention with the title. Also, Amazon and search engines use the title (product name) as one of the primary fields to measure the relevancy of a detail page based on customers’ searches. While preparing a title you should consider the below factors:
- The product title should tell the buyers what is in the physical packaging of your item.
- Title length is important. Amazon recommends approximately 60 characters long and less than 80. Long titles are harder to read than short ones. So the longer titles put you at risk of losing a customer’s attention.
- Check out different title lengths as well as preferred title styles for items in each category.
- Use capital letters as the first letter of each word except for prepositions (in, on, over, with), conjunctions (and, or, for), or articles (the, a, an). Do not use all caps in the title. Start your title with the brand name.
- Use numerals, “4″ instead of “four.”
- Avoid using non-language ASCII characters such as Æ, ©, or ®.
- Avoid using subjective complements, such as “Hot Item” or “Best Seller”.
- Necessary punctuations can be used in the titles; like hyphens (-), forward slashes (/), commas (,), ampersands (&), and periods (.).
- Measurements can be abbreviated in the titles, such as “cm”, “oz”, “in”, and “kg”.
A good title example can be:
FeetFun Men’s Slip-On Black Running Shoes – Breathable Non-Slip Sneakers for Men
Step 3. Product descriptions
The product description is the part where you can discuss detailed information about your items. Try to mansion things that are not stated in any other part of the content. State info about usage, and evaluate features as well as facts about the item. You can also write about the origin of the product. Try to include brand name, size, and material type. Also mention related information like colors, style, packaging, quantity, and condition.
Do not forget to check Amazon product listings guidelines for specific rules, policies, and restrictions.
A+ content was previously known as Enhanced Brand Content. A+ content is a new form of description by which brand owners can describe their own branded products including brand storyline, enhanced photographs, and text placement. This can increase conversion rates, traffic, and sales if you can use it properly. Focus more on high-quality infographics and lifestyle images and use fewer words. Let the images speak for you.
Step 4. Key features (bullet points)
Key features are also known as bullet points. They factor into the detail page as part of a customer’s search. Bullet points should be well written and contain clear and concise information about the product. They must help buyers decide on the purchase. Well-optimized key features automatically contain keywords. A good practice is to begin a bullet point with a feature and then mention the benefits of that feature.
You can follow the below points for more guidelines:
- Create up to 5 bullet points
- Try to mention the best five features of your item in these 5 points.
- Keep your bullet points under 1000 characters (including all 5 bullet points, not for each).
- Highlight facts that you want to consider by buyers. Mention material, the origin of the products, skill level, age preferences, condition, and so on.
- You should maintain order if you are listing similar types of items. For example, if your first key feature is materials, keep that order for all of your items.
- Start your BP with a capital letter.
- Try writing in fragments. Do not use ending punctuations.
- Do to use marketing or pricing information.
Do not forget to follow the product detail page rules and policies.
Step 5. Product images
High-quality images help buyers compare and evaluate products with key features. Add multiple images so that customers can view the product from different angles. Well-optimized images help buyers make purchasing decisions.
Some factors to keep in mind while uploading photos:
- A product detail page requires a minimum of one product image. Six images with one video are ideal.
- Clear, informative, and attractive images should be uploaded
The background of the Images should be white and 85% of the image space should be filled
- Before uploading images make sure your images are 500 x 500 or 1000 x 1,000 pixels to increase the listing quality
Also, remember some key aspects before selecting images for your listing:
- The image should match your product in size, color, and accuracy.
- The image should be a photograph not drawing
- You should include Infographic, Lifestyle, Feature, Size Dimension, and Package images.
Do not forget to follow all site standards and product image requirements from Amazon.
Step 6. Backend search keywords
Backend search keywords are also known as search terms. Search terms are keywords that allow you to optimize engaging and readable product content for a product. This also ensures that Amazon indexes all keywords related to the item. As these are backend keywords, buyers can not see them but by adding them you will increase the discoverability of your listing.
- To optimize your Search Terms:
- Include generic words along with synonyms, abbreviations, and alternative words of your item’s name.
- You can create search terms in less than 250 bytes. If you are using phrases, try to write them in a logical order.
- Do not use common misspellings. But you can use spelling variations if applicable.
- Search terms are always in lowercase letters. Do not need to use any punctuation. Just use spaces to separate words.
- Do not repeat the same words
- No need to use articles, prepositions, conjunctions, and such.
- Either use singular or plural, not both.
Step 7. Product pricing
Pricing is another factor that can affect your conversion rates and sales growth. Competitive pricing is important to convince your buyers of all the features your products have. If your pricing is much higher than your competitor’s, it will impact your Amazon SEO. To fix prices for products competitively, you should research and make changes to develop a compelling price point.
You can consider free shipping for an increase in sales. Also, there is a feature available named Compare Prices Off Amazon when you create a competitive Buy Box rule or a Competitive Lower Price rule. It will allow you to automatically match the price and improve your chance to be featured in the Buy Box.
At the End
There are lots of practices and ways of increasing sales and rank on Amazon. These are 7 facts related to Amazon SEO and optimization. Following these steps, we hope you can rank higher in the Amazon SERP (search engine results page). Do not just stuff keywords in your product content, focus on the relevancy and readability of your copy. In the question & answer section, try to answer previously asked questions from customers. You can use Amazon FBA for better results in sales. Do not forget to manage your reviews. They are a crucial part of any business. Reviews can help get a higher rank also.
All being said, if you find this article helpful, or have any confusion or question feel free to share in the comment section below. To keep yourself updated with the latest trends to maximize revenues across all of your sales channels you can sign up for our Ecomclips newsletter.