Amazon Video Requirements – Everything Sellers Need to Know
Last Updated on March 25, 2021 by
In this article, we will discuss Amazon’s requirements for product videos.
Usually, we say an image says a thousand words, and when a customer can see a live item how it can be it’s worth saying. In a video, you can add how people use the product in their day to day life that will make you trustworthy to the customers. Conveying your brand message with autoplay video is more efficient. Amazon has a strict policy regarding product videos if you do not follow them they will reject your videos.
- 16:9 Aspect ratio
- 1280 x 720 px, 1920 x 1080 px, or 3840 x 2160 px
- 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 29.98, or 30 fps
- 1 Mbps or higher bit rate
- H.264 or H.265 codec
- 6-45 sec long (30 secs or less highly recommended)
- 500 MB or Smaller
- MP4 or MOV file
- Main or baseline profile
- Progressive scan type
- 1 Video stream only
- 44.1 kHz or higher sample rate
- PCM, AAC, or MP# codec [96 kbps or higher bit rate]
- Not more than 1 audio stream
Video Content Policy
This policy covers the rules for videos uploaded to Amazon and applies to all content you submit as a video creator. Amazon takes the integrity of the community very seriously, and any attempt to manipulate the policy is prohibited rigidly. If you violate this policy Amazon can restrict your ability to upload and manage videos, even they can suspend or terminate your account entirely, in every case without any obligation to reimburse you for any costs or expenses you may have incurred. Amazon modifies the Content Policy over time, so you’re encouraged to check for updates.
- You must have an active Amazon Seller account to upload and manage videos in Seller Central
- If you revoke your selling privileges (in compliance with the Amazon Selling policy guidelines, or otherwise), you will lose the eligibility to upload and manage videos, and your previously uploaded videos can be removed
- If Amazon suspends or revokes your video privileges for the violation of this Content Policy, you will not be eligible to upload videos until further notice from Amazon
- The whole video must be in English
- Any attempts to circumvent suspensions by creating additional accounts will result in the permanent disabling of said accounts
- All statements, both express and implied, must be justified or supported
- You can provide your personal opinion and it is needed to be interpreted reasonably, accurate as well
- Product characteristics like safety features, performance, technical specifications, dimensions, weight, etc., must be appropriate
- Any awards that are mentioned or represented (for example, “Product of the Year 2017”) must be accompanied by the contained product’s detail page.
- You must be the brand owner for all of the ASINs you are promoting in your videos
- The mentioned comparisons should be strictly accurate. As an example, you can say Product X has 8 GB RAM that is more than Product Y.
- You can not say defamatory or derogatory words. You can not say Product X is much better than Product Y, Y is rubbish.
- You can not claim seller authorization and can not reference your company as seller or distributor nor you can provide any contact information
Prices and promotions
You must not include a price or any discount or promotional information such as cheap, affordable, on sale, or time-sensitive information, etc.
Product guarantees and warranties
You can offer only the manufacturer’s warranties and guarantees but you are not permitted for any creation or modification of them. Do not say if you purchase from us we will extend the warranty.
- If you want to mention customer reviews, you must include exact information. You can not add the claim öf the customer “This cream is my favorite for making my face marks completely disappear” because that product can not substantiate.
- You ask to leave reviews but not for the positive reviews directly
- Your mentioned reviews must be less than one year old
- If any review compares a product to a competing product by name, it must be in the Competitor Comparisons section above.
- Do not modify or change the meaning of the customer review that can change the meaning
Restricted products and claims
- All products by alcohol manufacturers or distributors are strictly forbidden
- Alcohol-related products by other manufacturers or distributors are permitted like wine bottle openers, glass, etc but you have to maintain the following rules:
- Do not encourage irresponsible drinking like grabbing a wine bottle in a mock drunk manner (even if obviously in jest) is not permitted.
- Do not encourage excessive alcohol consumption.
- You cannot depreciate abstinence from alcoholic beverages. For example, you cannot say, “This is more fun than making lemonade”.
Health, beauty, and weight loss:
- Do not make any medical statement unless they are appropriate
- Do not provide any medical advice or suggestion
- Do not demand that health products are like or better than prescribed products.
- Do not say that your product can lose weight without having a balanced diet and exercise
- Do not guarantee weight loss results
- Do not refer to a rate of weight loss of greater than two pounds a week, as this could be unsafe.
The following other unacceptable product categories should not be included in videos:
- Forbidden product categories under the Restricted Products policy
- Forbidden product categories under the “Unacceptable Products & Services” section of Amazon’s Creative Acceptance Policy
Conduct and content
Your videos should not:
- Contain nudity, sexually suggestive content or provocative imagery (such as models in blatantly sexual or prurient poses), or depict pornography or sexual acts
- Include any web links, URLs, or calls to action that direct the customer away from the product detail page.
- Be deceptive, false, or misleading, or impersonate a person or brand.
- Imply unauthorized endorsements or refer to specific celebrities in any manner, unless your brand has received an official endorsement from such celebrity.
- Divert viewers away from Amazon. For example, you cannot direct viewers to visit an external website.
- Infringe on another’s intellectual property or other rights. For example, unless you have obtained permission from all relevant third parties, do not play music or include images, artwork, or other audiovisual works in your videos. You should also avoid wearing clothes, jewelry, or accessories with prominently visible branding if you don’t have permission from the brand owner.
- Disclose personal or private information, or require viewers to do so.
- Be emotionally exploitative, controversial, shocking, or likely to cause viewers distress.
- Be socially insensitive. For example, do not use phrases that are discriminatory, sexist, or racist. Do not engage in divisive discussions concerning politics or other sensitive topics such as scandals, reproductive rights, firearms, etc.
- Contain foul, vulgar, or obscene language or scatological references.
- Be obscene, foul, vulgar, defamatory, libelous, abusive, harassing, invasive of another’s privacy, or otherwise illegal.
- Endanger your safety or the safety of others.
- Threaten, encourage, promote, or depict violence or graphic imagery.
- Encourage antisocial or nuisance behaviors. For example, do not encourage skateboarding indoors or smoking on public transportation.
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, navigation on the page.
- Include any information on shipping details.
- You may only upload videos about products that are available for sale on Amazon.com.
- The content you share in the community must not be directed at children. Children’s products are eligible for uploaded videos, but the content must not be directed toward children.
- If a child is shown in a video, the child’s appearance must be directly related to products being discussed, and you must have the written consent of the child’s parents and/or guardians.
- Any nudity or sexually suggestive content containing minors, including minors modeling swimwear and children’s undergarments, is strictly prohibited.
Amazon will protect the customer experience, and in doing so will reflect the spirit, not merely the letter, of this Content Policy. Amazon reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account or pause or remove any content that we deem to be negatively affecting the viewer experience, whether or not the behavior has been explicitly prohibited by this Content Policy. This Content Policy does not comprehensively list every type of content that Amazon could restrict or block, nor every basis on which Amazon may restrict or block content.
Other terms and conditions
In addition to this Content Policy, your uploaded videos are subject to Amazon’s Community Guidelines.
In addition to and without limitation of the foregoing, if you are a seller, you agree to comply with all terms and conditions set forth in the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you waive all moral rights, rights of privacy, and rights of publicity in the content you submit to the community, and you agree to provide Amazon with any necessary third-party permissions, clearances, and releases upon request.
If this Content Policy conflicts or is otherwise inconsistent with any other policy, conditions, or guidelines referenced herein, this Content Policy will govern.
Please leave a comment and if you need any help regarding this please reach out to our team.