Amazon Brand Registry – Amazon Seller Central – A Complete Guide
Last Updated on March 25, 2021 by
In this documentation we will show the procedure of how we can apply for amazon brand registry.
Amazon Brand Registry is an Amazon is a program that allows verified brand owners to have access to enhanced reporting tools and more control over their brand across Amazon.
Amazon Brand Registry Program is designed for a brand owner to help enroll his/her brand with Amazon to access enhanced marketing features and have complete control over the brand.
It helps protect a registered trademark on Amazon. The enrollment to it is a straightforward and one-time process, which is done at Seller Central.
How To Apply For The Amazon Brand Registry Program?
To get started, one has to have an account in the Amazon Seller Central. Once that is done, go to https://brandregistry.amazon.com/ and follow the steps written below.
Step 1: Create A Registry Account
To signup and verify a Brand Registry account, one has to do the following:
- Give the legal/corporate information
- Validate the identity via text/SMS
- Accept its terms, policies, and conditions
- Finally, click on the “save“ button
Step 2: Enroll The Brand
Once the account verification is complete, the next step is to enroll the brand. This includes four important criteria:
- Brand Eligibility: This page involves the brand name to be registered, telling about the brand logo, and the number of brand names to be enrolled in the registry. Once all these details are filled, click on the “next” button.
- Intellectual property: This page involves the brand to select its trademark type, trademark name, registration number, and the registering office. Once all these details are filled, click on the “next” button.
- Identification: This page involves uploading the product images, brand logo(s), packaging images, and online presence information (website and social media page). Once all these details are filled, click on the “next” button.
- Characteristics: This page involves describing more about the brand – seller account information, vendor account details, whether the products have GTINs, EANs, UPCs, or EANs, manufacturing details, license details, a manufacturing country, and countries where the products are distributed. Once all these details are filled, click on the “submit application” button.
Step 3: Verification From Amazon
Once the application is submitted successfully, Amazon then validates all the information. This takes from 2 – 10 days for the process to finish and have the brand registry activated. At this phase, Amazon sends a code to the registered trademark office.
The seller has to reach that registered contact and make them aware they will receive an email from Amazon, which needs to be forwarded back to the seller.
- Once the seller receives this code, he/she has to login to the Amazon Seller Central account and enter the respective Case ID from the initial email and hit the Go button.
- Select the Respond or View button, and choose Reply. Paste the code and press send.
Once the above steps are done and the code is entered successfully, the process of Brand Registry completes within 1 – 2 working days.
How Much Does Amazon IP Accelerator Cost?
IP Accelerator is a free program. Amazon doesn’t charge you to connect you with its list of approved law firms.
Once you select a law firm, you then pay them to file your trademark. When it comes to trademarks, Amazon has the following “Maximum service fees” pre-negotiated with those law firms:
- A high-level brand search of Trademark Office records for relevant pending applications or registrations = $500
- A comprehensive brand review including Trademark Office records and unregistered uses = $1800
- Filing a US trademark application = $600 (plus government fees or approximately $275)
Benefits Of Amazon Registry Program
There are multiple benefits of this scheme and these include:
- It helps a brand to have complete control over their product listings
- It ensures that the information given about a product is accurate
- It helps to increase product sales
- It helps protect the brand
- It enhances the brand content
- It helps improve efficiency
- It helps to list the products without UPCs or EANs
- It eases the listing of products
- It helps create different product variations
- It eliminates bad listings
- It comes with enhanced customer support
- It offers guided instructions to report a potential infringement
- It allows to search ASIN in bulk and report about any infringement much faster
- It offers enhanced image search to match any fake logo(s) or product(s) through images
- It makes sure that the customer reads the correct information about a brand’s product