We all know that Amazon is one of the largest eCommerce retailers but, most of us do not know that it is a search engine and is subject to most algorithm rules like Google. Amazon search engines understand what people are searching for only through keywords and display the exact products or most relevant products according to the keywords. So, keyword research (both long and short-tail) play a massive role in overall sales and profitability on Amazon. But the question is how and where we do the Keyword research for your product optimizations. In this article, you will walk through the basic strategy of doing Keyword research for Amazon that can bring you the most relevant customers.
Okay, Let’s go deeper into the discussion.
Why is Keyword research important?
When a seller sells on any online store, the motive is to rank on the top result page. A study claimed that 75% of internet users never scroll to the second page of the search results. Therefore, a higher ranking on Amazon is a secure way to increase sales. For this, keyword research is the 1st step to selling products on Amazon. So, use the most relevant words or phrases that can drive traffic to your Amazon detail page.
The benefit of Using Keywords?
It’s difficult for you to generate more sales or increase traffic if you don’t know what search terms your audience is using to discover your products? So, the most important steps are to analyze and utilize correctly, find out Keywords, and execute them before creating a product listing on Amazon. When your organic ranking improves, your product listing is automatically discovered that draws more traffic. On that note, we are going to highlight 5-advantages for efficient keywords analysis. They are:
- Audience Engagement: You need to understand which Keywords can drive more traffic to your listing page. Using keyword tools can help you to understand this. Check what your target audience is interested in and prepare an engaging description and bullet points around it.
- Bring Eligible Traffic: To get a higher conversion rate, upload an attractive product image, compelling and readable title with high volume Keywords, 5 Bullet points, and a clear description of your product. These things not only attract the shoppers but also attract qualified visitors.
- Higher Ranking: Organic search engine rankings are important for long-term success. For getting a higher ranking for your products, shortlist your potential keywords first and place them in the exact positions which can have an incredible impact.
- Insights About Trends: Analyzing the keywords will give you better insights into consumer behavior and present marketing trends. Keep your page updated on what is popular and vital to your target audience. Utilize them to keep your product’s content relevant.
- Increases Sales: When your product listing ranks for the right keywords, then you will gain a good amount of traffic. For this, the potential buyers are looking at your product. If your product can draw attention and is well worthy, definitely your sales will increase.
Few things you need to consider while you are researching Keywords
- Search Volume: You need to pay attention to the search volume for keywords. The more popular keywords, the higher the volume will be. The more people search for a particular term, the higher will be the number of visitors coming to your listing after you rank on the results page. Pick something that has decent search volume and is not too competitive to rank.
- Trends of The Keyword: Look at the monthly trends for a keyword to see how the traffic from several search queries has fluctuated in recent times. Though not all keywords have noteworthy upward or downward trends if your keywords are seasonal like the best Christmas gifts or best new year gifts for women.
- Keyword Difficulty or Competition: Choosing high search volume keywords will rank on Amazon? Because most of the sellers used high search volume keywords while they are creating content for their products. So, it’s difficult to compete and go to the top. In that case, you should have followed the keywords competition to get an idea about the keywords.
- Analyze Your Competitor’s Listings: Amazon top-rated seller’s product listing is a good source for keyword research. Because this will give you an overall idea of keywords that they used in the title, bullet points, and descriptions. Also, give an extra eye on the title because it’ll help you to find out the missing keywords that you might have forgotten.
Doing Keyword Research on Amazon
Keyword research is a manual process, so you can’t escape it unless you are using a tool. Using the right keyword research tools for Amazon makes your work easier and removes the difficulties of finding the best keywords for your products.
When you search in google “keywords research tools for Amazon”, you will find a large number of free and paid tool names. It’s hard to understand which tools are perfect for keyword research. We suggest you use the below tools for doing keyword research for your Amazon product listing. Because these 3-tools are the best for Amazon. They are:
- Helium 10
- Jungle Scout
MerchantWords is one of the most reliable and user-friendly keywords research tools for Amazon. It has a comprehensive database of real shopper data from Amazon. By using this tool, you will be able to spy on your competitors like search volume, search trends, depth, result, sponsored ads, page 1 review, etc. It also allows users to create, store, and download their keyword research for analysis, product research, ad campaigns, and listing optimization.
You can easily find out the top seller rank information by using the “Page 1 Products” features. Not only the top rank seller list but also all the keywords they used in their product optimization.
MerchantWords provides their users with a reverse-ASIN lookup tool that gives performance insights and high-performing keywords on millions of ASINs. You can find keywords that perform better in different seasons as well as the top-of-the-funnel search terms.
Some Key-Advantages of MerchantWords:
- Provides a graph of search trends over the past 12 months.
- Offers keywords directly from Amazon
- Classifies keywords according to how often they are searched for.
- Identifies the main category that products for each keyword are listed in on Amazon.
- Gives you a link to find related terms for your search term.
- User-friendly and 24 hours customers support
Helium 10 is a powerful tool that is specially designed for Amazon sellers. It helps their users to find actionable keywords that can help them rank better on Amazon. It’ll give you the information of keywords phrase, Magnet IQ score, search volume, search volume trend, Sponsored ASIN’s, competing products, organic keyword information, Top product ASINs, etc.
Magnet2 is a tool under Helium10 that allows the users to pull in new related keywords using a seed keyword. It has the largest database of search terms and long-tail keywords that you can use to rank higher on Amazon.
Helium 10 also provides users with a reverse ASIN lookup tool. With this tool, you can find out the keywords that your competitors are ranking for.
WHY HELIUM 10?
- Specially designed for Amazon Sellers
- Largest database of search terms and long-tail keywords
- Discover high volume search terms and relevant keywords
- You can fine-tune your keyword research from advanced filters
JungleScout is another keyword research tool for Amazon. It will help you to find out the winning products, estimate sales, research keywords, and spy on competitors. JungleScout, instantly shows you what products will be the most profitable and easy to grow your business.
There are some key features like Niche Hunter, Product Tracker, Product Database, Keyword Scout, Sales Estimator, etc. but, Keyword Scout is for doing the keyword research. Keyword Scout lets you know the info about which niche keywords Amazon users search for, their demand, and their relevancy. You can also determine your budget for PPC campaigns and rank faster.
JungleScout is a great option for both beginners and advanced sellers on Amazon. It’s user-friendly and resources will give you the real-time data to grow your business.
The benefit of JungleScout
- Analyzes popular keywords for SEO
- Keyword relevancy score for superior ranking
- Helps determine a winning product
- Track sales history of an Amazon product
Brand Analytics is another effective way to do keyword research for your products. This feature allows brand owners to view valuable insights into customer behavior, popular search terms, competitor success, and advertising campaigns. This extra information will help you to empower your brand to improve sales.
For doing keyword research from the “Amazon brand Analytics” you need to register your brand on Amazon. If you are already enrolled in Amazon’s Brand Registry, then log in to your “Amazon Seller Account“
After that, Go to the “Brands” menu and scroll down to “Brand Analytics”, Just click here
Now, the Brand Analytics page appears. On this page, write down your product name on the “Search term” button and press the “Enter” button from your keyboard. If you have any specific competitor then enter the competitor product ASIN on the “Enter ASINs or Products” button. You can change the Reporting range from the drop-down menu or you can set the time frame also.
When you search with your product name, you can see lots of keywords from the “Search Term Column” and the search volume from the “Search Frequency Rank”. If you want, you can also download them from the “Download” button.
There are some other sections that provide you the information about the top rank sellers, product titles based on the top rank keywords, etc.
Final thoughts, Keyword Research is a valuable aspect of success in Amazon. The right keywords in your listing can make the difference between the other sellers. So, Keyword research will help you understand what customers are looking for and find out the terms they are targeting. We hope that this article will help you understand the benefit and how to perform Keyword research for your Amazon products. If you like our discussion, please comment, share, and subscribe to our blog. Also, feel free to ask in the comment section if you need further assistance regarding Keyword research or any other field of eCommerce. We have some dedicated teams who are proficient at working on different online platforms and We will be happy to assist you with that.