eBay Offsite Ads is an advertising program provided by eBay, enabling sellers to advertise their eBay listings on external platforms and websites like Google.
This off-site ad program allows sellers to reach a wider audience and attract more potential buyers to their eBay listings. By participating in Offsite Ads, sellers can increase their visibility and improve the chances of selling their products.
Table Of Contents
- What is an eBay off-site ad?
- How does eBay’s off-site ad work?
- Eligibility to run an off-site ad.
- How to create an eBay off-site ad?
- How to track and optimise eBay off-site ads?
- Benefits of eBay off-site ad.
- Additional Tips.
1. What is an eBay off-site ad?
Off-site Ads on eBay is a program offered by eBay advertising that allows sellers to promote their listings on popular external advertising platforms like Google, Bing, Facebook, and Instagram to attract more buyers. The program aims to drive additional traffic to eBay listings by leveraging advertising channels beyond the eBay platform itself. As a beta version, eBay’s Off-site ad may still undergo changes and improvements based on user feedback and testing results before a full release.
2. How does eBay’s off-site ad work?
eBay’s sellers can choose to opt into the Offsite Advertising program. By doing so, they give eBay permission to promote their listings on external advertising channels. Off-site Ads let you promote your entire eligible inventory on external channels, like Google ads. Every time a buyer clicks on your ad, you’ll pay the exact CPC (excl. VAT/GST) that you see while creating or editing your campaign.
- Enrollment: Sellers can choose to opt into the Offsite Ads program. By default, sellers with an active eBay Store subscription and a recent sales history are automatically enrolled in the program and will be able to promote their eligible inventory on external channels.
- Ad Placement: When a seller’s listing qualifies for Off-site Ads, eBay may display sponsored ads for that listing on external platforms where potential buyers are browsing. These platforms can include search engines, social media platforms, and other popular websites.
- Cost and Fees: Participating sellers are charged a fee for Off-site Ads only when a buyer clicks on the sponsored ad. The fee is a percentage of the item’s sale price and varies based on the seller’s sales volume.
- Increased Exposure: Offsite Advertising helps sellers reach potential buyers who may not actively visit eBay but are browsing other websites. It expands the visibility of listings and can lead to increased sales opportunities.
3. Eligibility to run an off-site ad
Sellers are automatically enrolled in the Offsite Ads program if they meet certain criteria, such as having an above-average seller performance rating and meeting minimum sales thresholds.
Currently, only fixed-price listings are eligible for Offsite Ads. Auction listings are not eligible at this time. Placement eligibility is subject to the external channels’ policies and requirements.
4. How to create eBay off-site ad?
You need to follow a few easy steps to start with an off-site ad. You need to log in to your eBay seller account, navigate to the Marketing tab, and select “Off-site ads”. To get the benefits of this advertising, you need to acknowledge about below things.
To start with an off-site ad on your eBay seller account and enjoy its benefits, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Log in to your eBay seller account.
Go to eBay’s official website and enter your login credentials (username and password) to access your seller account. Select the “ Selling” option to go to the “Seller hub”.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Marketing tab
Once you’ve logged in successfully, locate the Marketing tab. You can typically find this tab in the top navigation menu on your seller dashboard. Click on it and select “ Advertising Dashboard” to proceed.
- Step 3: Select “Off-site ads.”
Within the Advertising Dashboard section, you should find an option labeled “Off-site ads” in the campaign types section. Click on this option to access the off-site advertising settings.
- Step 4: CPC
In an off-site ad, eBay will calculate a unique CPC for each seller’s inventory. You’ll see that CPC while you’re setting up your campaign.
This is the CPC eBay thinks will deliver optimal performance, based on factors like competition, relevance, and quality. If eBay sees that your CPC should go up, they’ll ask you to update your campaign. If the CPC should be lower, they’ll automatically lower it for you.
- Step 5: Daily budget
The important thing you have to do while creating an off-site campaign is, setting a daily budget. When you choose to run a continuous campaign, eBay will calculate your total monthly budget as (30.4)*(average daily budget). Over the course of your campaign, you will not be charged more than this total budget per calendar month. However, as marketplace demand fluctuates, eBay may spend more or less than its average daily budget to capitalize on interested buyers when the demand is there on a per-day basis.
For example, if your average daily budget is $10 for a continuous campaign, you won’t be charged more than $304 per calendar month. On a daily basis, though, you may be charged up to $20 or as low as $0, but the average over the course of your campaign will not exceed $10 per day.
If you end a campaign prematurely, you may be charged up to 2x your average daily budget on a daily basis. This is because the campaign may not have had the chance to average out the budget over time.
- When you change your budget, your spending for the rest of the month won’t exceed your new average daily budget multiplied by the remaining days in the month.
- Step 6: Name your campaign
Now you need to put a name for your campaign. You can put the name as your wish. Remember that a seller can create an off-site campaign only once for a single eBay account.
- Step 7: Confirm your participation
Once you’ve read and acknowledged the information, you will typically find a button to confirm your participation in off-site ads. Click on the appropriate button or checkbox to proceed.
Congratulations! You have now set up your off-site ads on eBay. Remember to monitor your performance and adjust your ad settings as needed to optimize your results.
5. How to track and optimize eBay off-site ads?
Now the important part is to optimize eBay campaign which is the off-site campaign. The interesting thing is that you don’t need to optimize the campaign. You just need to set the daily budget, eBay makes the optimization itself when it needs by it’s algorithm. Once you launch your campaign, your ads will be eligible to appear within 48 hours. Must remember that only fixed price listings are eligible for Offsite Ads. Auction listings are not eligible at this time. Placement eligibility is subject to the external channel’s policies and requirements. Once you’ve created an Offsite Ads campaign, your listings can only appear on external channels through that campaign. They won’t be eligible to appear on external channels via your Promoted Listings Standard campaigns. Attribution: When a buyer clicks on an offsite ad and purchases an item within 30 days, eBay attributes the sale to the Offsite Ads program. Sellers can track their offsite ad performance and view data on sales and fees in their eBay Seller Hub.
6. Benefits of eBay off-site ad
The most significant thing it does is increases the visibility of your listings and expose them to potential buyers in your eBay store. eBay’s Off-Site Ads program offers several benefits for sellers looking to increase their reach and sales on the platform. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Increased visibility: Off-Site Ads promote your eBay listings on external advertising channels, such as search engines and social media platforms. This expanded reach can help expose your products to a broader audience, potentially driving more traffic to your listings which are essential to increase sales on eBay.
- Targeted advertising: eBay’s Off-Site Ads are designed to target customers who are actively searching for products similar to yours. By leveraging eBay’s vast data and algorithms, the program can display your ads to potential buyers who are most likely to be interested in your products, increasing the chances of generating sales.
- Pay-for-performance model: Off-Site Ads operate on a cost-per-sale (CPS) basis, meaning you only pay a fee when a customer clicks on your ad and completes a purchase within 30 days. This model reduces the risk of spending money on advertising without seeing a return on investment (ROI).
- Time-saving automation: eBay automatically manages the Off-Site Ads program for eligible sellers. This means that eBay takes care of the advertising process, including ad creation, placement, and tracking, freeing up your time to focus on other aspects of your business.
- Access to external marketing expertise: eBay’s Off-Site Ads program leverages the platform’s partnerships with external advertising channels. By participating in the program, you can benefit from eBay’s expertise and resources in online marketing, allowing you to tap into the experience and reach of these external platforms.
- Simplified Advertising: eBay handles the advertising process for you, making it easier to promote your products beyond the eBay marketplace. You don’t need to set up separate advertising campaigns or manage complex ad platforms; eBay takes care of the advertising logistics.
- Competitive Advantage: Off-Site Ads can give you a competitive edge by increasing your product’s visibility against similar items. This can be particularly beneficial in highly competitive markets, allowing you to stand out and attract more potential buyers with conversion to sale as well.
- Performance insights: The Off-Site Ads dashboard provides sellers with performance insights, allowing you to track the effectiveness of your advertising campaigns. You can monitor metrics such as ad views, clicks, sales, and cost per sale, enabling you to optimize your ad strategy and make data-driven decisions to improve your sales and ROI as well.
7. Additional Tips
It’s important to note that the Off-Site Ads program has certain eligibility requirements and fees associated with it. Sellers should carefully review the program details, including costs and potential benefits, to determine if it aligns with their business goals and budget.
It’s worth noting that some sellers have raised concerns about the program, particularly regarding the fees and the opt-out process. Therefore, if you are an eBay seller and considering using the Offsite Ads program, it’s important to carefully review the terms and conditions, as well as any potential impact on your overall profitability.
eBay’s Off-Site Ads program extends the reach of sellers’ listings by placing targeted advertisements on external websites and apps. It helps increase conversion rates by reaching potential buyers who may not actively browse eBay. Sellers can track ad performance, set cost thresholds, and benefit from seller protections. Overall, eBay’s Off-Site Ads program is designed to enhance the visibility of sellers’ listings, attract potential buyers, and drive conversions outside of the eBay platform.
We trust that this article has provided helpful insights. Should you have any further inquiries about eBay advertising, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. Our team is always available to assist you with any e-commerce-related solutions.
For more information on eBay advertising, please feel free to email us your queries at email@example.com